Home / Uncategorized / FG hands over National Theatre to CBN

FG hands over National Theatre to CBN

The Minister for Culture and Information, Lai Mohammed, on Sunday in Lagos handed over the National Theatre to the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Bankers committee for restoration and upgrade.

Speaking at the event, Mr Mohammed said the National Theatre, despite the arrangement, still remained a national heritage.

He said the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture would continue to hold the keys to the iconic national heritage in spite of the Public-Private Partnership arrangement between FG and the Bankers Committee.

”Please permit me to make clarifications that this iconic National Theatre remains a national heritage and will not be ceded to any person or group as some naysayers are insinuating, it remains our national heritage.

”The Federal Ministry of Information and Culture will continue to hold the keys to the National Theatre on behalf of all Nigerians.

”What we are here to do is to handover the National Theatre for restoration and upgrade and also the 134 hectares of fallow land within the premises to the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Bankers committee for development,” he said.

The minister said the PPP arrangement would be in two phases which were; the restoration and upgrade of the National Theatre to its glory days, while the second phase would be the development of the fallow land surrounding the edifice.

”Another good news is that this project will not lead to any single job loss rather, it will create more, over 6,000 jobs will be created during the construction phase while the completed project could generate additional 600 permanent jobs and 2000 to 3,000 jobs, this is a good one,” he said.

Mr Mohammed said the project which had been approved by President Muhammadu Buhari would be a win-win arrangement for everyone involved.

Dangote adbanner 728x90_2 (1)

”I enjoin all of us to give our maximum support to this project so that we can bequeath a befitting national heritage to the younger generation.

”I appreciate everyone connected to the success of this project,” he said.

Also, the Minister for Youths and Sports, Sunday Dare, said that it was a privilege for him to be at the event which would see to revamping the creative and entertainment centre.

NAN)



Advertisement

PT Mag Campaign AD

About Tush

Check Also

73 dead, 2,750 injured in Lebanon explosion, UN reacts

The United Nations Secretary General, António Guterres, has reacted to the massive explosion in Beirut, ...